Speaking Club Guide
Welcome to the EnBooo Speaking Club! Learning English can be an adventure, so why not make it a fun one?! Keep reading to find out more about our classes.
1. Who is the EnBooo Speaking Club for?
The EnBooo Speaking Club is a space created for intermediate (B1) and upper-intermediate students (B2) to practice and improve their speaking and pronunciation skills.
2. How many people will be in each class?
In order to give everyone the chance to speak and practice, we keep our classes small – that means no more than 6 people per class.
3. Who is the teacher?
Lara will be the teacher hosting the Speaking Club.
A few facts about Lara:
- She is a CELTA-certified teacher
- She has nearly 10 years of experience teaching students from all over the world, both in person and online
- She has taught at several schools and academies, including the British Council and the University of Tampa, Florida
4. How are the lessons structured?
Each class is 1 hour and 20 minutes long.
• Approximately 2 days before your class, you will be sent a short article to read or a short video to watch, which will be the starting point of our discussion.
• We’ll briefly go over any difficult vocabulary and grammar and then we’ll dive right into speaking, either in pairs or as a group.
• From time to time, we will stop to correct any mistakes made, introduce new vocabulary and correct any pronunciation mistakes.
5. Where are the classes held?
The Speaking Club classes are held on Zoom, a great platform for online learning. If you don’t have an account yet, you can create one for free. You will be given a link to access the class.
6. What times and days are the classes?
Each Speaking Club group will meet twice a week. You can choose the days and times (Berlin time) that best fit your schedule.
- Mon – Wed 6.00 -7.20pm CET
- Mon – Wed 7.30 -8.50pm CET
- Tue – Thu 6.00 -7.20pm CET
- Tue – Thu 7.30 -8.50pm CET
7. How much does it cost?
Each class is 1 hour and 20 minutes long and it costs €10. The first class is free. After that, classes are sold in packages of 8 and billed every four weeks. You can pay by Bank Transfer, Revolut Transfer or PayPal.
8. How can I join the Speaking Club?
There are no available spots at the moment. If you want to join the waitlist, click on the button ‘Join’ below, fill out the form and we’ll get in touch as soon as a spot becomes available!
9. What happens if I miss a class?
For every 8 classes, you may skip a maximum of one lesson. In that case, you may be assigned to another class to recoup the lesson you missed or we may decide to create a separate lesson if more people, like you, need to recoup.